Auditory Fitness Builder (ages 6 to adult)
To learn well in any subject, good language skills are needed. But with an auditory processing issue, the sounds of speech don’t get mapped properly in the brain.
Does your child have trouble with:
- spelling, reading and comprehension
- following instructions, asking “what?” or “huh?” too often
- saying words like “hop si tal” instead of “hospital”
- finishing tasks on time
- getting organised
- following speech with background noise
- mixing up the sequences of events or stories
- with the timing of jokes, poetry and social banter
- even though they have passed hearing tests
Your child may have a diagnosis of dyslexia or autism, learn in English as a second language, or had stress, trauma or ear infections as a baby. Children with auditory processing issues also tend to fall further behind each year and may struggle socially with a high frequency of misunderstandings.
The Auditory Fitness Builder program is designed to improve your child's auditory processing skills such as working memory, phonological awareness, sustained attention and sequencing ability. Conveniently, it is completed at home on the internet.
Here's what you will receive:
- The Auditory Fitness Builder gives you 3 months access to Fast ForWord, the world best, evidence-based program used by speech pathologists worldwide.
- You also receive our growth mindset coaching with 4 weekly support calls in the first month.
- Brightly coloured resources with tips, language phrasing and activities to download.
Fast ForWord has been around for over 20 years and was written by award-winning neuroscientists led by Dr Michael Merzenich (featured in Todd Sampson's ABC Show Redesign My Brain). There is also research from universities such as Stanford, Harvard, Rutgers and Cornell, along with independent reviews from US Education Departments, school case studies covering over 100,000 students in over 1,000 schools in the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. It was also written about in Chapter 3 of the seminal book "The Brain That Changes Itself" by Dr Norman Doidge.
You will work through a number of cognitive and language exercises using repetition and reward that adapts to you. The exercises are designed to improve your child's cognitive skills such as working memory, visual symbol sound association (decoding), sustained attention and sequencing ability plus language skills such as listening accuracy, phonemic awareness, English language conventions and decoding.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call Monique on 0417 047 687.
Terms and conditions apply as follows:
- The Auditory Fitness Builder program is only available in Australia.
- The Client understands that their expectations of outcomes from doing the Ready to Read program takes into account the constraints that impact the effectiveness of the Program (see point 13).
- The subscription is for a continuous month’s usage and may not be paused during the subscription period, unless agreed by Brain Wise Learning and confirmed by email.
- Most students will complete the program within the month, however, there are exceptions, as the program adapts to each user. Therefore, additional time may be required to complete the program and any cost will be in proportion to the subscription fee. Your support specialist will advise in this regard.
- For the best possible outcome, the Client agrees to use the Program in accordance with the protocols advised by Brain Wise Learning. Additionally, for parent/s or guardian/s working with children, you are responsible for ensuring compliance and that all exercises presented each day are completed. The minimum protocol is 30 minutes, 5 days per week.
- While there is much scientifically based evidence for the effectiveness of the program, Brain Wise Learning does not warrant any particular outcome or result, as individual brains differ. Please see point 12 – Considerations that may impact the effectiveness of the Programs.
- Brain Wise Learning will provide technical support relating to the program, but will not be responsible for the compatibility or performance of the Client’s computer, Internet and communication technology.
- The Client agrees not to copy, rent, lease, lend, licence, sub-licence, sell, export, assign, transfer or in any other way disseminate, reverse engineer, decompile, or create derivative works or adaptations of the Programs.
- We will fully refund your money if you are not satisfied after using the program for 2 weeks conditional that you must have complied with the minimum protocol of 30 minutes, 5 days per week.
- Brain Wise Learning will not make any refund or any part of the payment received for the program - after the initial 14-day period - except if the Client is prevented from doing the exercises for an extended period due to a technical fault in the software of the program.
- The amount of any refund will be at the sole discretion of Brain Wise Learning and an administration fee of $50 may be deducted.
- The program must be commenced within two weeks of purchase unless otherwise agreed to by Brain Wise Learning (with email confirmation).
- Considerations that may impact the effectiveness of the program:
- Internet – The Client must have a fast, reliable internet connection.
- Ability to use a mouse – The student must be capable of using the mouse.
- Autism– depending on where the student is on the spectrum, progress may be slow or limited
- Age/Ability – Due to the young age and ability of students using this program, it is best to remain with them and not leave them unsupervised.
- Cerebral Palsy– progress may be limited or slow due to physical restraints
- Colour Blindness– Several exercises rely on colour differentiation
- Developmental delay or intellectual impairment– progress may be limited or slow
- Down Syndrome– progress may be limited or slow
- Dyspraxia– the Program will not help with the motor planning of Dyspraxia but may be of use in addressing language development
- Hearing impairment– some users with hearing impairment may need an FM loop as the program requires The Client to be able to hear auditory stimuli
- Sight impairment– the Program relies on viewing a computer screen.